– AI startup Anthropic to receive billions in fundraising from Google
– Also received investment from Amazon
– Creditors of FTX optimistic about financial recovery due to Sam Bankman-Fried’s investment in Anthropic
– Prosecutors in Bankman-Fried’s fraud trial want him to be forbidden from mentioning Anthropic
– Prosecutors argue that evidence of Anthropic investment would be irrelevant and prejudicial
– Rehn points out that venture capital investments can be speculative, using FTX’s valuations as an example
– Defense has not yet responded to the motion
– Bankman-Fried’s trial to resume on Tuesday with cross-examination of Gary Wang and potentially first testimony of Caroline Ellison
– Disclaimer: Former CEO of The Block has disclosed loans from Bankman-Fried.
– Google and Amazon have invested billions in AI startup Anthropic, leading to optimism among creditors of FTX, a company previously led by Sam Bankman-Fried.
– However, prosecutors in Bankman-Fried’s ongoing fraud trial are unhappy about him bringing up Anthropic in the trial.
– The prosecutors filed a motion to forbid Bankman-Fried from discussing Anthropic, arguing it is irrelevant and could prejudice the jury.
– The defense has yet to respond, and the trial will resume with cross-examinations and potential testimonies.
This is sponsored by: Learn Bitcoin Option