1. Bhutan’s secret state-owned Bitcoin mining operations have been uncovered through satellite images, revealing four mining sites that have never been publicly disclosed. The government has allocated land, funding, and energy to these operations in an effort to mitigate economic crisis, and the country has seen a surge in power usage and chip imports for Bitcoin mining. Additionally, Bhutan has partnered with a Singaporean Bitcoin mining giant for a significant facility in Gedu.
2. Bhutan, known for its seclusion and landscapes, has transformed into a crypto haven under the rule of King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck. The government has secretly allocated resources to establish multiple Bitcoin mining sites in response to economic challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. These operations have never been publicly disclosed but were uncovered through satellite imagery, and the country has also partnered with a Singaporean Bitcoin mining giant for a significant facility. Despite the economic challenges, Bhutan remains committed to blockchain-based solutions, unveiling an experimental decentralized digital identity app.
1. Impact of Bitcoin Mining on Bhutan’s Environment and Economy
2. Lack of Transparency and Secrecy Surrounding Bhutan’s Bitcoin Mining Operations
3. The Shift Towards Blockchain-based Solutions in Bhutan
This is sponsored by: Learn Bitcoin Option