– FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried is barred from blaming FTX’s lawyers for alleged wrongdoings in his trial opening statement.
– Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled that focusing on the lawyers’ involvement may confuse or prejudice the jury.
– Bankman-Fried’s lawyers planned to argue that he received legal advice on matters related to auto-delete policies and loans, believing he acted in good faith.
– The Department of Justice requested more details on the defense strategy or limitations on questioning, evidence, and arguments unrelated to the case.
– Jury selection for Bankman-Fried’s trial starts on Tuesday and may continue throughout the week.
FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried has been denied the opportunity to blame FTX’s lawyers for his alleged wrongdoings in his opening statement for his trial. The judge ruled that focusing on the lawyers’ involvement could cause confusion and prejudice the jury. Bankman-Fried’s lawyers had planned to argue that he received legal advice on certain matters which made him believe he was acting in good faith. The Department of Justice requested more details about his defense strategy or for irrelevant questioning and evidence to be excluded. Jury selection for his trial will begin on Tuesday.
This is sponsored by: Learn Bitcoin Option