– Russian corporations are starting to use the digital ruble, the country’s CBDC.
– The state-run Sirius Innovation Science and Technology Center has opened a corporate digital ruble wallet.
– The center used the VTB Bank-developed remote online business banking platform to create the wallet.
– Rostelecom, the state-operated telecoms and digital services provider, has also opened a digital ruble wallet.
– Rostelecom used the VTB platform to open its wallet and conduct customer-to-business payments.
– A beauty parlor in Yekaterinburg and PSB have also made use of the digital ruble for payments.
– Currently, 600 citizens in 11 cities are using the digital ruble, with more banks set to join the pilot next year.
Russian corporations, including the state-run Sirius Innovation Science and Technology Center and Rostelecom, are adopting the digital ruble, the country’s central bank digital currency (CBDC). The Sirius center has opened a corporate digital ruble wallet and has successfully conducted business-related operations using it. Rostelecom also opened a digital ruble wallet and made customer-to-business (C2B) payments using the VTB Bank platform. A beauty parlor in Yekaterinburg has also accepted a payment using the digital ruble. Currently, around 600 citizens in 11 cities are using the digital coin, and more banks are expected to join the pilot early next year.
This is sponsored by: Learn Bitcoin Option