– Ethereum’s Layer 2 scaling solutions are experiencing a significant shift in transaction volumes.
– Optimism, a Layer 2 network focusing on Optimistic Rollups, logged 944,000 daily transactions, surpassing competitor Arbitrum’s 660,000 transactions.
– This shift is attributed to the introduction of Worldcoin, a crypto identity project linked to Sam Altman, on the Optimism network.
– Since the deployment of Worldcoin user accounts on Optimism in June 2023, the network has seen a 240% increase in daily transactions.
– Arbitrum still leads in metrics such as total value locked and daily active users.
– Optimism and Arbitrum are the top two Layer 2 solutions offering cost-effective transaction processing off the main Ethereum blockchain.
Optimism, a Layer 2 network focused on scaling applications using Optimistic Rollups, has surpassed its competitor, Arbitrum, in daily transaction volume. As of July 27, Optimism recorded 944,000 daily transactions, while Arbitrum registered 660,000 transactions. This is the first time since January 2023 that Optimism has taken the lead in daily transaction volume. The shift is attributed to the introduction of Worldcoin on the Optimism network. Worldcoin, a crypto identity project associated with Sam Altman, has fueled the network’s activity. Since the Worldcoin team started deploying user accounts on Optimism in June 2023, the network has seen a significant increase in activity, with daily transactions rising by 240%. In contrast, Arbitrum’s daily transaction count has slightly declined during the same period. The count of Worldcoin wallets on the Optimism chain is nearing 1 million, indicating strong engagement with the protocol. However, Arbitrum still leads in other metrics such as total value locked and daily active users.
This is sponsored by: Learn Bitcoin Option