– Former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried’s bail has been revoked by a federal judge in New York.
– Bankman-Fried will be moved from house arrest to a New York jail while awaiting his criminal trial.
– Prosecutors accused Bankman-Fried of leaking a private diary and using encrypted messaging to contact a potential witness.
– Bankman-Fried faces over 100 years in prison if convicted of charges including fraud.
– FTX filed for bankruptcy last year.
Former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried is set to go to jail after a federal judge revoked his bail. Bankman-Fried was led out of the courtroom in handcuffs and plans to appeal the decision. He will be moved from house arrest in California to a jail in New York while awaiting his criminal trial. Prosecutors had requested his detainment following accusations that he leaked a former colleague’s private diary to The New York Times. Bankman-Fried has also been accused of using encrypted messaging to contact a potential witness. If convicted, he could face over 100 years in prison.
This is sponsored by: Learn Bitcoin Option