– Sam Bankman-Fried, former CEO of FTX crypto exchange, will testify in his defense on Thursday
– His testimony is expected to last the entire day
– There was speculation on whether he would testify, but he decided to do so
– Bankman-Fried’s defense has faced difficulties in getting certain witnesses on the stand
– Judge Kaplan denied all seven expert witnesses proposed by Bankman-Fried
– Bankman-Fried could face decades in prison if convicted on charges of fraud
– FTX filed for bankruptcy protection last year
– This information is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.
Former CEO of FTX crypto exchange, Sam Bankman-Fried, is expected to testify in his defense on Thursday. His lawyer confirmed that Bankman-Fried’s testimony will likely take the entire day. This decision comes after speculation about whether he would testify, with analysts stating that it would take a few days if he did. However, his defense has struggled to get certain witnesses on the stand, with Judge Kaplan denying most of the expert witnesses proposed by Bankman-Fried. If convicted on fraud charges related to using customer assets for failed investments, Bankman-Fried could face decades in prison.
This is sponsored by: Learn Bitcoin Option