– Online crypto fraud has increased due to lack of moderation on Twitter and the use of AI
– Scammers are using deepfakes to impersonate media outlets and falsify news, particularly during the crypto boom
– Bitpanda has removed all deposit and withdrawal fees, and increased payment limits across the platform
– Public mining companies are stockpiling BTC reserves, with total Bitcoin reserves held by public mining companies returning to the 40,000 BTC level
– They sold 3,907 BTC in January, representing 68.68% of their total production, the lowest ratio since July
1. Deepfake Crypto Scams On the Rise
– Online crypto fraud has been increasing due to the lack of moderation on Twitter and the use of artificial intelligence. Impersonating media outlets and falsifying news became popular during the crypto boom.
– Scam campaigns are cyclical and within the scheme of false investments. Criminal groups are carrying out well-organized scams. Victims are being convinced to provide sensitive data for crypto purchases, which is then sold to external platforms. Scammers work to convince their victims that it is not a good time to withdraw money, but instead invest more.
2. Bitpanda Removes All Deposit and Withdrawal Fees
– Austrian fintech unicorn Bitpanda announced that its users will no longer be charged a fee to deposit or withdraw money from the platform, regardless of the currency or transaction method used.
– This enables people to make more flexible and impactful decisions about how they invest and react to market changes. Bitpanda has also increased payment limits and plans to introduce new transaction methods.
3. Public Miners Stock Up BTC Reserves
– The total Bitcoin reserves held by public mining companies have returned to the 40,000 BTC level. Fourteen out of seventeen public mining companies that TheMinerMag tracks have released production updates for January.
– These companies sold 3,907 BTC, which represents 68.68% of their total production, the lowest ratio since July. Some companies sell 100% of their monthly productions, while others have adopted a hybrid treasury strategy, selling a portion of their production depending on the market environment.
This is sponsored by: Learn Bitcoin Option