– Bitcoin.com is expanding its ecosystem by introducing Bitcoin (BTC) holders to decentralized finance (DeFi) and implementing new services such as a decentralized exchange (DEX).
– The company is transitioning from being associated with Bitcoin Cash (BCH) to becoming a DeFi platform for users across multiple chains.
– Bitcoin.com’s focus is on making the user experience easier and providing a more “friendly” crypto wallet.
– The company plans to release a prepaid debit card and run a token sale, with the debit card offering rewards for usage.
– By observing users’ spending habits, Bitcoin.com aims to create interesting reward campaigns, such as offering a kickback in their verse token for topping up fuel.
– The majority of Bitcoin.com’s community members are BTC users, but the company aims to introduce them to different opportunities within the ecosystem, including stablecoins and Ether (ETH).
– While virtual reality is often associated with the Metaverse, current developments in the virtual world are primarily built for desktop use.
Bitcoin.com Expanding Its Ecosystem with DeFi and DEX
Crypto platform Bitcoin.com is looking to expand its ecosystem by introducing Bitcoin (BTC) holders to the world of decentralized finance (DeFi) and implementing new services such as a decentralized exchange (DEX) in its platform. The company’s head of financial services, Corbin Fraser, stated that Bitcoin.com is transitioning from being associated solely with Bitcoin Cash (BCH) to becoming a DeFi platform that caters to users across multiple crypto chains. Fraser emphasized the need to make the user experience easier and more friendly, especially for BTC users who want to do more with their crypto.
Plans for a Prepaid Debit Card and Token Sale
In addition to the DEX, Bitcoin.com is planning to release a prepaid debit card and run a token sale. The debit card aims to reward users who top up and use it. By monitoring users’ fiat spending, Fraser believes the company has the opportunity to create interesting reward campaigns. For example, if gas prices are high, they could offer a 2% kickback in their token for topping up fuel. Fraser sees this as a way for Bitcoin.com to help users navigate everyday challenges and give them a taste of crypto as a solution to inflation.
This is sponsored by: Learn Bitcoin Option