– Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz plans to target around $3.4 billion for its next core early-stage and seed-stage funds.
– The raise would represent a slight increase compared to previous efforts.
– Andreessen Horowitz intends to raise new growth, crypto, and bio vehicles in 2025.
– The firm will ask limited partners to invest through a new master vehicle that would feed into sub-funds, including sector-specific vehicles.
– Through its a16z crypto arm, Andreessen Horowitz has been a prolific investor in the blockchain space.
– The amount of venture capital flowing into crypto and blockchain companies has decreased during the bear market.
– VC firm Blockchain Capital recently raised $580 million for two new crypto investment funds.
Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz is reportedly planning to raise about $3.4 billion for its next early-stage and seed-stage funds. This represents a slight increase compared to previous fundraising efforts. In addition, the firm plans to raise new growth, crypto, and bio vehicles in 2025. Andreessen Horowitz will ask limited partners to invest via a new master vehicle that would feed into sub-funds. The firm has been active in the blockchain space through its a16z crypto arm, investing in high-profile companies like Coinbase and MakerDAO. Venture capital flow into crypto has declined during the bear market, with August marking the lowest monthly volume since January 2021. Other VC firms, including Blockchain Capital, have still managed to raise significant funds for crypto investments.
This is sponsored by: Learn Bitcoin Option